MV Hellas Stream
ex Hellas Reefer, Chiquita Deutschland
Chiquita Deutschland – © Willem Oldenburg
Steel single screw motor vessel, built in 1991 by Danyard A/S. Frederikshavn. Denmark (Yard No. 706) as a refrigerated/cargo ship
- Length: 158.13m (overall), 145.00m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth of hull: 24.40m
- Depth: 15.70m
- Draught: 10.02m
- Tonnage: 13,049 gross/5,353 net/13,049 deadweight
- Engines: 1 x B & W – 8-cylinder diesel
- Power: 19810bhp/14571kW
- Speed: 20 knots (max)
- Capacity: 4 x hold 644,833 cu ft, 7,565 sq m
- Cranes: 3
- Reefer plugs: 147
- Crew: 23
- Call Sign: C6KD8
- MMSI Number: 308090000
- IMO Number: 9015187
- Registry: Nassau/ Bahamas
Please note that this vessels AIS transponder and position data may be over an hour old and that this specific vessels position will only be displayed when it is within range of the MarineTraffic AIS system. The AIS transponder/ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and it is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured within this page is provided by marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for the content or the accuracy of this data
February 2nd 1991: Keel laid.
September 1st 1991: Completed as CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND.
© Willem Oldenburg
2005: CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ, CHIQUITA BELGIE, CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND, CHIQUITA NEDERLAND sold en-bloc. All 4 for $59.70m to US buyers Great White Fleet.
- -‘CHIQUITA NEDERLAND’ 13,958tdw Blt 11/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA BELGIE’ 13,930 tdw Blt 02/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 331 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCANDINAVIA’ 13,930 tdw Blt 11/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – CHIQUITA ITALIA’ 13,930 tdw Blt 08/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- ‘- CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND’ 13,930 tdw Blt 09/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ’ 13,910tdw Blt 05/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA BREMEN’ 12,890 tdw Blt 10/92 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA ROSTOCK’ 12,850 tdw Blt 03/93 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- – Sold En Bloc To Chartworld at $227 mil USD. Registered Manager; Diamond Shipmanagement NV.
2007: Registered Owner; Deutschland Shipping Corp. Registered Manager; Diamond Ship Management.
Hellas Reefer – © Netty
Hellas Reefer – © Aleksi Lindström
July 2014: Manager; Seatrade Groningen. Renamed HELLAS REEFER.
Hellas Reefer – © Barrie Clark
June 9th 2017: Arrived for lay up near King Harry Ferry on the River Fal.
November 1st 2019: To Hellas Stream Shipping Co Ltd., and renamed HELLAS STREAM.
Hellas Stream – Willem Oldenburg (30/11/2019)
September 1st 2020: Called at Dover.
🆕 Hellas Stream – © Nigel Scutt (Dover Strait Shipping)(Dover 01/09/2020)
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Barrie Clark, Aleksi Lindström, Willem Oldenburg, Netty and Nigel Scutt (Dover Strait Shipping) for their assistance in producing this feature.