MV Schweiz Reefer
ex Chiquita Schweiz
Chiquita Schweiz – © Aleksi Lindström
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1992 at Danyard A/S Frederikshavn, Denmark (Yard No. 711) as a refrigerated cargo vessel
- Length: 158.12m (overall), 144.99m (moulded)
- Breadth: 24.40m (moulded)
- Depth: 10.00m
- Draught: 11.90m (summer)
- Tonnage: 13,049 gross, 5,353 net, 14178t deadweight
- Engines: One 2T – 8 cylinder B & W diesel
- Power: 15218.4kW
- Speed: 21.80 knots
- Capacity: 18275 cu.m. 170 Reefer Plugs. 439 TEU
- Call sign: C6KD9
- MMSI Number: 308124000
- IMO Number: 9015216
- Registry: Nassau/Bahamas
Please note that this vessels AIS transponder and position data may be over an hour old and that this specific vessels position will only be displayed when it is within range of the MarineTraffic AIS system. The AIS transponder/ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and it is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured within this website is provided by marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for the content or the accuracy of this data
August 12th 1991: Keel laid.
October 31st 1992: Launched.
May 25th 1992: Completed as CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ.
2005: CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ, CHIQUITA BELGIE, CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND, CHIQUITA NEDERLAND sold en-bloc. All 4
for $59.70m to US buyers Great White Fleet.
© Willem Oldenburg
- -‘CHIQUITA NEDERLAND‘ 13,958tdw Blt 11/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA BELGIE’ 13,930 tdw Blt 02/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 331 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCANDINAVIA‘ 13,930 tdw Blt 11/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA ITALIA’ 13,930 tdw Blt 08/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND‘ 13,930 tdw Blt 09/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ’ 13,910tdw Blt 05/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA BREMEN’ 12,890 tdw Blt 10/92 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA ROSTOCK’ 12,850 tdw Blt 03/93 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- Sold En Bloc To Chartworld at $227mil USD. Registered Manager; Diamond Ship Management NV.
July 2014: Renamed SCHWEIZ REEFER. Registered Owner; Schweiz Shipping Corp, Bahamas. Registered Manager; Chartworld Shipping Corp.
© Erwin Willemse
© Ed Connell
August 4th 2020: Called at Dover
🆕 © Mike Jackson & Nigel Scutt (Dover Strait Shipping)
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Ed Connell, Mike Jackson, Aleksi Lindström, Netty, Willem Oldenburg, Nigel Scutt (Dover Strait Shipping) and Erwin Willemse for their assistance in producing this feature.