MV Italia Stream
ex Italia Reefer, Chiquita Italia
© Stan Muller
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1992 at Danyard A/S Frederikshavn, Denmark (Yard No. 712) as a refrigerated cargo vessel.
- Length: 158.13m (overall), 146.60m (moulded)
- Breadth: 24.40m (moulded)
- Depth: 10.00m
- Draught: 10.02m (summer)
- Tonnage: 13,049 gross, 5,353 net, 14178t deadweight
- Engines: One 2T – 8 cylinder B & W 8S60MC diesel
- Power: 15218.4kW
- Speed: 21.80 knots
- Capacity: 18275 cu.m. 170 Reefer Plugs. 439 TEU
- Call sign: C6KD5
- IMO Number: 9030137
- MMSI Number: 308438000
- Registry: Nassau/Bahamas
Please note that this vessels AIS transponder and position data may be over an hour old and that this specific vessels position will only be displayed when it is within range of the MarineTraffic AIS system. The AIS transponder/ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and it is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured within this page is provided by marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for the content or the accuracy of this data
February 1st 1992: Keel laid.
April 15th 1992: Launched.
August 21st 1992: Completed. Owner; Diamond Shipmanagement. Registered Manager; Diamond Shipmanagement.
© Jens Boldt
2007: Sold to Chartworld.
- -‘CHIQUITA NEDERLAND’ 13,958tdw Blt 11/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- -‘CHIQUITA BELGIE’ 13,930 tdw Blt 02/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 331 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCANDINAVIA’ 13,930 tdw Blt 11/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA ITALIA’ 13,930 tdw Blt 08/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND’ 13,930 tdw Blt 09/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ’ 13,910 tdw Blt 05/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA BREMEN’ 12,890 tdw Blt 10/92 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA ROSTOCK’ 12,850 tdw Blt 03/93 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- – Sold En Bloc To Chartworld at 227.00mil USD. Registered Manager; Diamond Ship Management NV.
© Aleksi Lindström
July 2014: Renamed ITALIA REEFER.
© Stan Muller
2015: Owner; Italia Shipping Corporation. Manager; Seatrade Reefer Chartering N.V.
© Cees Bustraan
© Nigel Scutt
December 1st 2019: Renamed ITALIA STREAM Registered owner; Italia Stream Shipping Co Ltd.
April 14th 2020: Due at Dover
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Jens Boldt, Cees Bustraan, Aleksi Lindström, Stan Muller and Nigel Scutt (Dover Strait Shipping) for their assistance in producing this feature.