Star Prima – © Willem Oldenburg (Ijmuiden, 28/04/2021)
Steel single screw, “Shikoku Stars” Class motor vessel built in 2006 by Shikoku Dockyard Co., Ltd. Takamatsu. Japan (Yard No 1031) as a Refrigerated Cargo ship
- Length: 162.50 m (overall) m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 26.0 m
- Depth: 4.10 m
- Draught: 9.72 m (Summer)
- Tonnage: 14030 gross/6724 net /13189t deadweight (Summer)
- Engines: 1 x MAN-B&W 7S60MC-C – 2 stroke single acting 7 cylinder diesel
- Power: 15820 kW/HP
- Speed: 24 knots (Trial) 22,0 knots (Laden)
- Number of Holds: 4
- Capacity: 436 x 20ft containers/276 x 40 ft containers, 150 (on deck), 5 6 (under deck)/ 200 Reefer Plugs on deck. Reefer Capacity: 14477 m³
- Call Sign: 9V9358, D5HW4, C6EO8
- IMO Number: 9338747
- Official Number: 7001299
- MMSI Number: 311000958
- Port of Registry: Panama, Singapore City/Singapore, Monrovia/Liberia, Nassau/Bahamas
- Sister-Ship: Star Best, Star Care, Star Endeavour, Star First, Star Leader, Star Pride, Star Quality, Star Service, Star Standard, Star Stratos, Star Trust
Please note that this vessels AIS transponder and position data may be over an hour old and that this specific vessels position will only be displayed when it is within range of the MarineTraffic AIS system. The AIS transponder/ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and it is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured within this website is provided by marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for the content or the accuracy of this data
July 7th 2006: Keel laid.
October 7th November 14th 2006: Launched.
December 12th 2006: Completed for Grace Ocean Private Ltd. Manager; Cleanseas Shipmanagement Inc.
Star Prima – © Stan Muller (Antwerp, 14/05/2010)
April 24th 2015: Registered Owner; SSI Shipowning I Inc. Manager; SIEM Ship Management Sp. Z.o.o. Operator: Fyffes.
Star Prima – © Aleksi Lindström (Departing Antwerp, 17/06/2015)
Star Prima – © Gerolf Drebes (Singapore, 06/11/2018)
April 29th 2021: Called at Dover.
Star Prima – (Dover Strait Shipping)
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Gerolf Drebes, Aleksi Lindström, Willem Oldenburg, Stan Muller and Paul Jolliffe – Nigel Scutt @ (Dover Strait Shipping) for their assistance in producing this feature.
Article © Nigel Thornton and Ray Goodfellow (Dover Ferry Photos Group)