Courtesy of Chris Howell
Steel single screw “Mercator” type motor vessel built in 1975 by VEB Warnowwerft Warnemünde, Warnemünde, East Germany (Yard No 345) as a General Cargo vessel
- Length: 150.37 m (overall) 140.01 m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 21.80 m
- Depth: 13.59 m
- Draught: 8.554 m
- Tonnage: 7,299 gross/3,659 net/11350t deadweight
- Engines: Oil 2SA 8 – cylinder Diesel Motorenwerk Rostock (DMR)-MAN K8Z 70/120E
- Power: 8355 kW/2000 HP
- Speed: 12 knots (service) 18.5 knots (max)
- Capacity: Bale 17,037m³, Ins 587m³. 368 TEU. Fitted with a 60 ton Heavy Lift Derrick
- Call Sign: USFK
- IMO Number: 7507007
- Official Number: M-31174
- Port of Registry: Leningrad/USSR, Saint Petersburg/USSR, Cambodia
- Sister-Ships : 21/17 USSR and 4 DSR
“The ships are mainly intended for the combined transport of general cargo and containers, as well as heavy goods, refrigerated cargo, sweet oil, but also bulk cargo.”
1975: Completed. Registered Owner; JSC Baltic Shipping Com Leningrad, USSR.
© Ted Drake
© Bob Scott (left) and © Yvon Perchoc (right)
© Brian Fisher (left) and © Ken Larwood (right)
© Pieter Inpyn
1997: Sold to Northgate Shipping, London and renamed NORLAND.
© Joerg Seyler
February 26th 1998: To Indian breakers at Calcutta.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Brian Fisher, Ted Drake, Chris Howell, Pieter Inpyn, Ken Larwood, Yvon Perchoc, Bob Scott and Joerg Seyler for their assistance in producing this feature.