MV Fast Jef
Fast Jef – © Simonwp (Chowder Ness, 19/05/2018)
Steel single screw “Sprinter Class” motor vessel built in by Scheepswerf & Machinefabriek Barkmeijer Stroobos B.V.. Stroobos.The Netherlands (Yard No 283) as General cargo ship – Heavycargo.
- • Length: 87.90 m (overall) 83.80 m (between perpendiculars)
• Breadth: 12,53 m
• Depth: 6.0 m
• Draught: 4.65 m (Summer)
• Tonnage: 2066 gross/1143 net/3202t deadweight
• Engines: 1 x MaK 8M20 – 4 stroke single acting 8 cylinder diesel
• Power: 1000 kW/1358 bHP
• Speed: 11.0 knots
• Lifting Equipment: 1 x Gantry crane – SWL 15,0 t/1 x Boot crane – SWL 1,0 t at 3,00 m
• Capacity: 154 x 20ft containers/Grain & Bales: 3.235 m³ / 145.350 ft³
• Call Sign: PCXH, ONEE.
• MMSI Number: 205465000
• IMO Number: 9136101
• Register Number: 39M617
• Port of Registry: Rotterdam/The Netherlands 🇳🇱, Harlinggen/The Netherlands 🇳🇱, Antwerp/Belgium 🇧🇪
• Sister-Ship: Fast Sam (269), Sulberg (271), Neuland (278), Fluvius Otter (219), Fast Sus (282), Jutland (284), Varmland (290), Anouk (291), Henrike (294), Seeland (295), Aldebaran (296), Smaragd (298)
Please note that this vessels AIS transponder and position data may be over an hour old and that this specific vessels position will only be displayed when it is within range of the MarineTraffic AIS system. The AIS transponder/ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and it is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured within this page is provided by marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for the content or the accuracy of this data
January 1996: Keel laid.
August 16th 1996: Launched.
September 12th 1996: Completed as BREEHORN for Rederij Zodiac, Harlingen – The Netherlands. Manager: Rederij ‘Zodiac’, Rotterdam – The Netherlands.
November 1997: FAST JEF for Rederij Zodiac, Harlingen – The Netherlands. Manager: Poseidon Chartering B.V., Delfzijl – The Netherlands.
June 2016: FAST JEF for Fast Lines Belgium N.V.. Ernest Van Dijckkaai 15/17. Antwerp.Belgium. Manager: Fast Baltic Sp. z.o.o.. ul Bytomska 7.70-603 Szczecin (Stettin). Poland.
Fast Jef – © Aleksi Lindström (Rendsberg, 12/06/2017)
Fast Jef – © Marcel and Ruud Coster (Ijmuiden, 13/04/2020)
May 9th 2022: Provisionally due at Dover from Warren Point.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Marcel and Ruud Coster, Aleksi Lindström and Simonwp for their assistance in producing this feature.
Article © Nigel Thornton and Ray Goodfellow (Dover Ferry Photos Group)