MV Caribbean Star
ex Hornsea, Caribbean Star
Caribbean Star – © Henk Guddee
Steel single screw ”Shikoku Ivories (Group B)” motor vessel, built in 1997 by Shikoku Dockyard Co. Ltd. (Yard No. 881) as a refrigerated cargo vessel
- Length: 144m/154m (overall), 144.60m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 24m (extreme)
- Depth: 13.3m
- Draught: 9.068m
- Tonnage: 11,435 – 15,058 gross/5,901 – 7,480 net/10,350 – 10,362 deadweight
- Engines: 2 SA 6-cylinder Mitsui Engineering (Tamano Works) diesels.
- Power: 15600 (11473)
- Speed: 23.1 knots (trial), 21 knots (maximum), 19 knots laden
- Holds/Hatches: 4/4
- Capacity: REF 15994 DRY;TEU-258,FEU-126 REF;FEU-80;CAR 531
- Temperature compartments/zones: 16/8
- Controlled atmosphere zones: 8
- Call Sign: 3FTO7, A8KJ7
- IMO Number: 9150810
- MMSI Number: 636013068
- Registered: Panama, Liberia
- Sister Ships: Baltic Purple (881), Costa Rican Star (885), Cote D’Ivorian Star (887), Colombian Star (888), Polarlight (889), Polarstream (890), Southampton Star (893), Solent Star (894)
Please note that this vessels AIS transponder and position data may be over an hour old and that this specific vessels position will only be displayed when it is within range of the MarineTraffic AIS system. The AIS transponder/ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and it is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured within this page is provided by marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for the content or the accuracy of this data
January 1996: Ordered.
March 24th 1997: Keel laid.
July 3rd 1997: Launched as CARIBBEAN STAR
October 1997: Delivered at a cost of $30,000 dollars.
February 1998: Chartered to Horn-Line, Germany and renamed HORNSEA.
March 2000: Reverted to the name CARIBBEAN STAR.
2003: Registered Owner; Caribbean Shipping.
2004: Registered Owner; Star Reefers Shipowning Inc. Registered Manager; Norbulk Shipping UK Ltd
Caribbean Star – © Daniel Ferro (both)
Caribbean Star – © David Pratt
Caribbean Star – © Ed Connell
September 2014: Registered Owner; SSI Shipowning I Inc. Registered Manager; Star Reefers UK Ltd.
Caribbean Star – © Frank Behrends
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions found. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Frank Behrends, Ed Connell, Daniel Ferro, Henk Guddee and David Pratt for their assistance in compiling this feature.