© Robert Smith
Steel twin screw motor vessel built in 1994 by Fincantieri, Monfalcone, Italy (Yard No 5883) for Holland America Line Westours, Nassau, Bahamas.
- Original Cost: $215 million
- Length: 219.21m
- Breadth of hull: 30.80m
- Draught: 7.50m
- Tonnage: 55,451 gross/2,618 net/7,406 deadweight
- Engines: Two 12-cylinder 12ZAV40S and two 8-cylinder 8ZAL40 Sulzer-Grandi diesels
- Power/Propellers: 34,560 kW
- Speed: 20 knots
- Capacity: 1,629 passengers
- Crew: 557
- Navigation Officers: Dutch
- Passenger Decks: 10
- Call Sign: PHFV
- IMO Number: 8919269
- Registry: Rotterdam/The Netherlands
- Sister Ships: MASSDAM. STATENDAM. VEENDAM
November 1st 1993: Launched.
September 9th 1994: Delivered to Holland America Line, Nassau, Bahamas.
© Aleksi Lindström (both)
October 20th 1994: Maiden cruise from Fort Lauderdale.
1997: Transferred to Dutch flag, home port Rotterdam.
© Nigel Thornton (both)
© Ray Goodfellow (both)
May 20th 2014: Announced that both RYNDAM and STATENDAM will be transferred to Australia-based P&O Cruises Australia in November 2015.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Aleksi Lindström and Robert Smith for their assistance in producing this feature.