ex Jetferry Two
Aluminium 929-115 series Jetfoil high speed passenger ferry built in 1981 by Boeing Jetfoil Industries, Seattle, Washington, U.S.A. (Yard No 16).
- Length: 30.18m (overall)
- Breadth: 9.50m (across foils)
- Depth: 2.60m
- Draught: 1.505m/5.30m
- Tonnage: 329 gross/242 net/115 deadweight
- Engines: Two Allison 501 K20 gas turbines
- Power: 5,590 kW
- Speed: 43 knots (service), 50 knots (maximum)
- Capacity: 250-300 passengers
- Call Sign: VRV19 (Horta)
- IMO Number: 7923251
- Official Number: 38864
- Registry: London, Hong Kong
- Sisters: GTS 929 – 115’s 11/12/13/14/15/17/18/19/20/21/22/23/24/25/26
April 1st 1980: Completed.
April 21st 1980: Delivered as JETFERRY TWO for Lombard North Central Leasing Ltd, London, and leased to P&O Ferries Ltd for their London – Ostend service.
Nicolas Levy Collection
December 13th 1982: Sold to Far East Hydrofoil Co Ltd, Hong Kong.
January 1983: Renamed HORTA
2008: Registered Owner: Vastson International, Hong Kong. Registered Manager: Far East Hydrofoil Co., Ltd/Shun Tak-China Travel Ship, Hong Kong.
2008: Registered manager; Turbojet, Hong Kong services between Hong Kong – Maccau.
© SoHome Jacaranda
We would like to thank: Nicolas Levy and SoHome Jacaranda for their assistance in producing this feature. All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for errors and omissions.