Ex Belterweide, Pioneer
© Marcel and Ruud Coster (Ijmuiden, 18/05/2022)
Steel single screw “Ferus 6000, Pioneer class” motor vessel built in 2005 by N.V. Scheepswerf Ferus Smit, Hoogezand. The Netherlands (Yard No 359) as a General cargo ship – Heavy cargo – Container ship.
- • Length: 110.78 m (overall) 108.45 m (between perpendiculars)
• Breadth: 14.00 m
• Depth: 8.13 m
• Draught: 6.09 m
• Tonnage: 3990 gross/2208 net/6000t deadweight (Summer)
• Engines: 1 x Caterpillar/MaK 8M25 – 4 stroke single acting 8 cylinder diesel.
• Power: 2640 kW/3587 bHP
• Speed: 12.0 knots (Loaded) – 13,5 knots (In Ballast)
• Capacity: 242 x 20ft containers/Grain: 7.868 m³ / 280.949 ft³
• Lifting Gear: 1 x Gantry deck crane
• Call Sign: PHCM, LANB8
• MMSI Number: 257754000
• IMO Number: 9313797
• DNV id: 28663
• Nat. Official Number: 7374 Z G 2005
• Port of Registry: Delfzijl/The Netherlands 🇳🇱, Zwartsluis/The Netherlands 🇳🇱, Trondheim/Norway 🇳🇴
• Sister-Ship: Dagna (360), Vleiland (361), Terschelling (362), Maasborg (363), Imke (366), Jaguar (367), Ambassadeur (368), Gouverneur (371), Isis (372), Anet (375), Flinterborg (380), Citadel (381), Delfborg (383), Eemshorn (384), Drogdenbank (389)
Current AIS Location
Please note that this specific vessels AIS position data may be over an hour old and that the vessels position will only be displayed when it is within range of the VesselFinder AIS system. The AIS transponder/ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and it is in no way related to the 'Safety of Navigation at Sea'. All the AIS ship position data featured within this article is provided by VesselFinder and we are therefore not responsible for its content or its accuracy.
July 22nd 2004: Keel laid.
January 28th 2005: Christened PIONEER by Jacquelien and Kim Waker and launched.
March 5th 2005: Completed for C.V. Scheepvaartonderneming “Pioneer”, Delfzijl. Manager: Wagenborg Shipping B.V., Delfzijl for Scheepvaartbedrijf Gebr. J. & H. Waker.
© Manuel Hernández Lafuente (Valencia Port, 15/01/2006)
© Fotoflite (24/09/2006 )
June 2007: BELTERWEIDE for Registered Owner: Ramspol V.O.F.. Owner: Willem van Veen, Zwartsluis – The Netherlands. Manager: Wijnne & Barends’ Cargadoors- en Agentuurkantoren B.V.. Delfzijl. The Netherlands.
© Aleksi Lindström (Rendsberg, 08/08/2010)
© Marcel and Ruud Coster (Ijmuiden, 08/05/2020)
May 25th 2021: KVITSAND for Owner: Berge Rederi AS. Manager:Transmar AS. ISM/DOC holder:Transmar AS.
© Marcel and Ruud Coster (Ijmuiden, 21/10/2021)
© Marcel and Ruud Coster (Ijmuiden, 18/11/2022)
April 4th 2023: Provisionally due at Dover.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Marcel and Ruud Coster, Dover Strait Shipping, Fotoflite, Manuel Hernández Lafuente and Aleksi Lindström for their assistance in producing this feature.
Article © Nigel Thornton and Ray Goodfellow (Dover Ferry Photos Group)