Ex Ezaro, Varnadiep, Scan Leader
© Aleksi Lindström (Rendsberg, 18/07/2014)
Steel single screw “Bodewes Trader 7800” motor vessel built in 2002 by Zaliv Shipyards Kerch. Ukraine and completed by Bodewes Scheepswerven B.V. Hoogezand. The Netherlands (Yard No 608) as a General Purpose Cargo ship
- Length: 118.55 m (overall) 113.65 m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 15.43 m
- Depth: 8.44 m
- Draught: 7.05 m (Summer)
- Tonnage: 4940 gross/2786 net/7250t deadweight (Summer)
- Engines: 1 x MaK 8M32C – 4 stroke single acting 8 cylinder diesel
- Power: 3840kW/HP
- Speed: 15.0 knots (Max) 13.0 knots (Service)
- Capacity: 375 x 20ft containers/143 x 40ft containers – 19 TEU/Container capacity 14t – 235
Hold Capacity: TEU: 379/Grain: 9415 m³
Call Sign: PBIB, EAEO, CQAH5
- MMSI Number: 255806175
IMO Number: 9263540
Nat. Official Number: 7058 Z G 2002
- Port of Registry: Valletta/Malta 🇲🇹, Groningen/The Netherlands 🇳🇱, Santa Cruz de Tenerife/Spain 🇪🇸, Madeira/Portugal 🇵🇹
- Sister Ships: Voorndiep (606), Velserdiep (619), Veendiep (607) , Vennendiep (624), Vriesendiep (620), Veelerdiep (623), Vegadiep (643), Victoriadiep (658), Virginiadiep (787), Vlistdiep (785) ++.
Current AIS Location
Please note that this specific vessels AIS position data may be over an hour old and that the vessels position will only be displayed when it is within range of the VesselFinder AIS system. The AIS transponder/ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and it is in no way related to the 'Safety of Navigation at Sea'. All the AIS ship position data featured within this article is provided by VesselFinder and we are therefore not responsible for its content or its accuracy.
November 26th 2001: Keel laid.
July 11th 2002: Launched as SCAN LEADER.
© Bodewes Scheepswerven B.V.
September 2002: Taken over by Feederlines.
October 22nd 2002: Delivered as VARNADIEP for Owner C.V. Scheepvaartonderneming Varnadiep, Groningen Manager: Feederlines B.V. Groningen.
August 2008: VARNADIEP for Owner Varnadiep B.V., Groningen, ManagerL Feederlines B.V..
© Wil Weijsters (Rozenberg, 12/02/2015)
October 2015: EZARO for Owner: Compania Maritime Sicar S.A.. Manager: Sicar Naviera S.L..
© Manuel Hernández Lafuente (Sagunto, 18/02/2016)
January 2021: EDMY for Owner: Mikkal Myklebusthaug Rederi. Manager: Myklebusthaug Management A.S..
April 26th 2021: En-route from Skipavik-Gulen, Mongstadfjord, Norway to Aberdeen loaded with 5,000 tons of boulders, ran aground off Aberdeen, Re-floated by the tug GOUWESTROOM.
April 27th 2021: Anchored at Aberdeen Anchorage for inspection.
April 11th 2023: Provisionally due at Dover.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Manuel Hernández Lafuente, Aleksi Lindström and Wil Weijsters for their assistance in producing this feature.
Article © Nigel Thornton and Ray Goodfellow (Dover Ferry Photos Group)