MV Costa Fascinosa
© Wil Weijsters (Civitavecchia, 01/06/2015)
Steel twin screw ‘Concordia’ class motor vessel built in 2012 by Fincantieri, Marghera, Venice, Italy (Yard No C6189) as a Passenger (Cruise) Ship for Costa Crociere, Genoa, Italy
- • Cost: € 510 million
• Length: 290.20m (overall) 247.70 m (between perpendiculars)
• Breadth: 35.50m
• Depth: 14.18m
• Draught: 8.20m
• Tonnage: 113288 gross/88,831net/10000 t deadweight (Summer)
• Engines: 6 x Wärtsilä 12V46C 4 stroke single acting 12 cylinder diesels
• Power: 75594 kW/102780 bHP
• Speed: 23.2 knots (Max), 19.5 knots (service)
• Capacity: 3012 passengers
• Crew: 1110
• Passenger Decks: 13
• Call Sign: ICPO
• IMO Number: 9479864
• MMSI Number: 247313500
• Official Number: 87207
• Port of Registry: Genova/Italy 🇮🇹
• Sister-Ship: Costa Concordia (6122), Costa Favolosa (6188), Costa Serena (6130), Carnival Splendour (6135), Costa Pacifica (6148)
October 2007: Ordered.
September 3rd 2010: Keel lad.
July 29th 2011: Launched.
April 27th 2012: Delivered to Costa Crociere (Carnival Corp.& Plc. company), Genoa. Italy. Manager: Costa Crociere, Genoa. Italy.
May 5th 2012: Arrived in Venice for christening.
May 6th 2012: Entered cruise service.
© Dennis Mortimer (Piraeus, 06/06/2013)
March 18th 2015: “In port along with MSC SPLENDIDA in Tunis when gunmen opened fire on tourists at the Bardo National Museum, including several on a tour bus from COSTA FASCINOSA. Five passengers from the ship were killed, eight passengers were injured.”.
© Manuel Hernández Lafuente (Valencia, 28/03/2016)
September 25th 2022: Due at Dover.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Manuel Hernández Lafuente, Dennis Mortimer and Wil Weijsters for their assistance in producing this feature.
Article © Nigel Thornton and Ray Goodfellow (Dover Ferry Photos Group)