ex Samaria, Chrysantema
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1973 by Aalborg Værft, Denmark (Yard No 198) as Refrigerated Cargo Ship
- Length: 175.34 m (overall) 162.62 m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 22.86 m
- Depth: 13.52 m
- Draught: 9.170 m
- Tonnage: 8577 – 12059 gross/4722 – 6915 net/12180 deadweight
- Engines: 2 Oil SA 9-cylinder Burmeister & Wain diesels
- Power: 17065 kW/23200 bhp
- Speed: 23.5 knots
- Holds: 5 x 28.3/20.8/18.2/18.8/28.6
- Capacity: Ins; 16,356m³
- Call Sign: GROY, C6LN5
- IMO Number: 7226964
- Official Number: 357499
- Port of Registry: Glasgow/UK, Nassau/Bahamas
- Sister-Ships: Orchidea, Gladiola, Iris Queen
August 31st 1972: Launched as CHRYSANTEMA.
February 1973: Completed.
1974 -75: Registered Owner; Paravon Shipping Co & others. Registered manager; Whitco Marine Services Ltd
1976: Renamed SAMARIA. Registered Owner; The Cunard Steamship Co. Registered Manager; Cunard Shipping Services Ltd. Chartered to Salénrederierna Ab/ Zenit Kylfinans Ab, Stockholm
Courtesy of Mike Davis (left) and © Fotoflite (right)
1986: Renamed CAPRICORN. Registered Owner; Daphnis Shipping Co. Ltd.
© John Jones (laid up (centre of picture) in the River Fal, Cornwall on 31/7/86.)
© Mike Jackson (@ Dover) (left) and Courtesy of Chris Howell (right)
© Joerg Seyler
July 30th 1999: Scrapped at Alang.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Mike Davis, Chris Howell, Mike Jackson, John Jones and Joerg Seyler for their assistance in producing this feature.