Iron paddle-steam tug, built in 1876 by Westwood Baillie, London (Yard No ), for Dover Harbour Board.
- Length: 101.0 ft (overall) (between perpendiculars)
Breadth: 10.1 ft
Depth: 10.4 ft
Tonnage: 160 gross/4 net/ deadweight
Engines: 2 x L 2-cyl (31 x 57ins) by J Stewart & Sons Ltd, Blackwall
Power: kW/70 nHP
Speed: 10 knots
Call Sign: HTRW (@ 1930)MDQR (@ 1945))
LR Number (1945 – 46): 08282
Reg Number: 68127
Port of Registry: Dover/UK, Sunderland/UK, Yarmouth/UK
April 1876: Completed as GRANVILLE for Dover Harbour Board
1906: To James Irwing at al, Sunderland
October 1907: To Seaham Harbour Dock Co, Sunderland
February 1924: To Ridley Steam Tug Co Ltd, Newcastle at a cost of £775
October 1930: Chartered to Blyth Tug Co Ltd, Blyth
April 1952: Sold at £1,600 for breaking by BISCO (British Iron & Steel Corp).
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright.
Article © Nigel Thornton and Ray Goodfellow (Dover Ferry Photos Group)