MV Summer Wind
ex Chiquita Burica, Edyth L
© Henk Guddee
Steel single screw motor vessel, built in 1985 by Kurushima Dock, Co., Ltd (Yard No. 2392), for Leif Hoegh & Co., Ltd as a refrigerated/cargo ship
- Length: 169.09m (overall), 158.53m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth of hull: 24.01m
- Depth: 13.21m
- Draught: 9.529m
- Tonnage: 12,660 gross (ITC 69), 6,755 net (ITC 69), 13,636 deadweight
- Engines: B & W 7L70MC diesel
- Power: 19810bhp/14571 kW
- Speed: 24 knots (max)
- Capacity: 588,595 cu ft, 6,283 sq m
- Cranes: 3 x 36t + 1 x 10t
- Reefer plugs: 82
- Call Sign: 3EIQ4, C6RN8
- IMO Number: 8410574
- Official Number: 8000250
- Registry: Republic of Panama/Bermuda /Nassau, Bahamas/ Bermuda
- Sister-ships: Summer Bay, Summer Flower, Summer Meadow.
June 11th 1985: Keel laid.
November 1st 1985: Completed and delivered to Leif Hoegh & Co., Ltd as EDYTH L.
1990: Registered Owner; Blue Pearl Line S.A. Renamed CHIQUITA BURICA.
1996: Renamed SUMMER WIND.
1997: Registered Owner; Unicool Shipping.
2002: Registered Manager; Teekay Marine Services AS.
2004: Registered Owner; Wind Shipping Corp. Registered Manager; Chartworld Shipping Corp.
© Gerolf Drebes
© Henk Guddee (17/08/2008) (all)
2012: Laid up at Falmouth.
© Barrie Clark (both)
December 1st 2012: Left Falmouth and returned to service South American fruit trade..
© Bob Scott
September 10th 2014: Reportedly went for scrap at Alang
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Barrie Clark, Gerolf Drebes, Henk Guddee and Bob Scott for their assistance in producing this feature.