MV Nederland Reefer
ex Chiquita Nederland
Chiquita Nederland (Nederland Reefer) © Henk Guddee
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1992 at Danyard A/S Frederikshavn, Denmark (Yard No. 707) as a refrigerated cargo/vehicles vessel
- Length: 158.13m (overall), 146.55m (moulded)
- Breadth: 24.40m (moulded)
- Depth: 15.70m
- Draught: 10.01m (summer)
- Tonnage: 13,049 gross, 5,353 net, 14178t deadweight
- Engines: One 2T – 8 cylinder B & W diesel
- Power: 20401/15005kW
- Speed: 22.00 knots
- Capacity: 332 20 ft Container, 170 40ft Containers 18281 cu.m
- Call sign: C6KD6
- MMSI Number: 308122000
- IMO Number: 9015199
- Registry: Nassau/Bahamas
Please note that the AIS ship position data may be over an hour old and a specific vessels position will only be displayed if its within range of the MarineTraffic system. The ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured on this page is provided by www.marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for its content or its accuracy.
February 14th 1991: Keel laid.
August 9th 1992: Launched.
December 1st 1992: Completed as CHIQUITA NEDERLAND.
© Henk Guddee
2005: CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ, CHIQUITA BELGIE, CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND, CHIQUITA NEDERLAND sold en-bloc. All 4 for $59.70m to US buyers Great White Fleet.
- -‘CHIQUITA NEDERLAND’ 13,958tdw Blt 11/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA BELGIE’ 13,930 tdw Blt 02/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 331 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCANDINAVIA’ 13,930 tdw Blt 11/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – CHIQUITA ITALIA’ 13,930 tdw Blt 08/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- ‘- CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND’ 13,930 tdw Blt 09/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ’ 13,910tdw Blt 05/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA BREMEN’ 12,890 tdw Blt 10/92 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA ROSTOCK’ 12,850 tdw Blt 03/93 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- – Sold En Bloc To Chartworld at $227 mil USD. Registered Manager; Diamond Shipmanagement NV.
2007: Registered Manager; Diamond Shipmanagement NV.
© Derek Sands
July 2014: Renamed NEDERLAND REEFER. Registered Owner; Nederland Shipping Corp, Bahamas. Registered Manager; Chartworld Shipping Corp.
2014: Registered Manager; Seatrade Reefer Chartering NV.
© Cees Bustraan
© Frank Behrends
June 24th 2017: Arrived for lay up near King Harry Ferry on the River Fal.
© Barrie Clark
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Frank Behrends, Cees Bustraan, Barrie Clark, Henk Guddee and Derek Sands for their assistance in producing this feature.