MV BBC Iceland
Ex Industrial Accord, Spiekeroog
© Marc Piché
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1999 by Tianjin Shipbuilding Corp. Xinhe Shipyard (Yard No 313) as a General cargo carriage/Dry bulk cargo carriage/Container carriage ship
- Length: 100.57 m (overall) 94 m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 16.6 m
- Depth: 8.1 m
- Draught: 6.401 m
- Tonnage: 4,086 gross/2,016 net/ 4798.27t deadweight
- Engines: MAN – B&W 9L 32/40 diesel
- Power: 3960 kW/5360 HP
- Speed: 15 knots
- Capacity: TEU 390. 6,800 cbm / 240,140 cbft. 30 reefer plugs on deck. 2 Cranes, each 60 t
- Call Sign: V2OT8
- IMO Number: 9173331
- DNV GL Number: G93513
- Port of Registry: Antigua & Barbuda, Antilles Netherland, St Johns/Antigua and Barbuda
- Sister-Ship: BBC Canada
January 9th 1998: Keel laid.
November 6th 1998: Launched as SPIEKEROOG for Briese Schiffahrts GmBH & Co.
April 1st 1999: Completed.
May 12th 2000: Renamed INDUSTRIAL ACCORD for Friescont GmbH Schiffscharter, Antigua.
September 30th 2002: Renamed BBC ICELAND. Registered Owner: BBC Chartering & Logistic GmbH & Co. KG. Registered Manager: Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co. KG.
© Marc Piché
© Aleksi Lindström
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Aleksi Lindström and Marc Piché for their assistance in producing this feature.