Ex Transmar III, Asmaa
© Mike Griffiths
Steel single screw B-432 (II) motor vessel built in 1977 by Stocznia Szczecinska im. A. Warskiego, Szczecin. Poland (Yard No 310/09) as a General Cargo Ship
- Length: 123.93 m (overall) 114.03 m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 17.02 m
- Depth: 9.81m
- Draught: 6.45/7.338 m
- Tonnage: 3,876 -1,633-4,935 gross/ net/5366-2848-6340 deadweight
- Engines: 2SA 5-cylinder Cegielski-Sulzer 5RD68 diesels
- Power: 4487 kW/6100 bhp
- Speed: 14.5 knots
- Capacity: 4 Ho 15.6 22.5 21.7 ER 15.0 TEU 50,
- Call Sign: SURG
- IMO Number: 7637670
- Port of Registry: Alexandria/ Egypt, Suez/Egypt
- Sister-Ships: Al Esraa, Al Hamraa, Al Yarmouk, Barada, Chełm, Siemiatycze, Skoczów
One of eight units built as a multi-purpose dry-cargo ship.
December 30th 1977: Completed as ASMAA for Federal Arab Maritime Co (FAMCO)
© David Ingham (Dover)
© Brian Fisher
August 1999: Sold to Transmar Shipping, Egypt and renamed TRANSMAR III
January 2007: Renamed TRANSMAR and sold to Indian Shipbreakers.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Brian Fisher, Mike Griffiths and Ted Ingham for their assistance in producing this feature.