MV Cadiz Carrier
Ex Winter Water, Zenit Water, Winter Water
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1979 by Götaverken Öresundsvarvet Ab, Landskrona (Yard No. 266) for Salénrederierna Ab/ Zenit Kylfinans Ab, Stockholm as Refrigerated Cargo Ship
- Length: 169.20m (overall) 157.71m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 25.76 m
- Depth: 15.09 m
- Draught: 10.11 m
- Tonnage: 11,736 gross/6,244 net/15100 deadweight
- Engines: One 2SA 6-cylinder B & W- Gotaverken diesel
- Power: 15079 kW/20,500 bhp
- Speed: 22.0 knots (max) 19.0 knots (laden)
- Capacity: 17,100 cu/m (240 TEU)
- Holds/Hatches: 4; 26.9/29.7/28.8/28.8 (including four side doors on each side)
- Call Sign: SFYV, C6KN2
- IMO Number: 7707891
- Official Number: 383548(1992-93)
- Port of Registry: Stockholm/Sweden, Singapore, Nassau/Bahamas
- Sister-Ship: Winter Moon, Winter Sea, Winter Star, Winter Sun, Winter Wave
February 1979: Delivered to Salénrederierna Ab/ Zenit Kylfinans Ab, Stockholm as WINTER WATER.
© John White (left) Nigel Thornton Collection (right)
1984: Salénrederierna Ab collapsed and the ships were taken over by the Swedish state-owned Zenit Shipping A/B before passing to Cool Carriers management and renamed ZENIT WATER.
Courtesy of Chris Howell
© Frank Foerst
January 1987: Sold to Sacharissa Trading Pte, Ltd, Singapore and renamed WINTER WATER.
1989: Sold to Kvaerner Reefer A/S, Oslo, Norway.
1989: Sold to Bylock & Nordsjöfrakt, Skärhamn, Sweden.
1992: Transferred to Bahamas registry, home port Nassau.
1992: Registered Owner; Heptagon Maritime Pte. Ltd. Registered Manager; Nordic Oriental Shipmanagement A/B.
© Brent (1997)
January 2000: Sold to Del Monte (Dobson Fleet management, Limassol, Cyprus) and renamed CADIZ CARRIER.
2001: Registered Owner; Cadiz Shipping. Registered Manager; DFM, Poland
© Juan-Carlos C
October 2009: Sold to Indian breakers.
October 16th 2009: Arrived Alang, India.
November 19th 2009: Beached for scrapping.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Brent, Juan Carlos C, Frank Foerst, Chris Howell and John White for their assistance in producing this feature.