MV Citrus Do Brasil
ex Ouro Do Brasil, Pasadena I, Pasadena, Navelina, Navelinacore
Pasadena © Bob Scott
Steel single screw “Core Class” motor vessel built in 1970 by A/S Bergens M/V, Bergen, Norway. (Yard No 638 ) as Refrigerated Cargo vessel
- Length: 147.83 m (overall) 135.79 m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 20.05 m
- Depth: 8.53 – 12.50m
- Draught: 9.14 – 9.170 m
- Tonnage: 5901 – 8180 – 6168 gross/3354 – 4830 – 3580 net/8420 – 9725 – 8555 deadweight
- Engines: Seven-cylinder, two-stroke Akers/Nylands-B&W 7-74VT2BF-160
- Power: 8459 kW/11500 HP
- Speed: 19 knots
- Capacity: Ins: 415810 cu.ft / L: 7932
- Call Sign: DADC, ELAR2
- IMO Number: 7018525
- Official Number: 6934 (LR 1993 – 94)
- Port of Registry: Israel, Hamburg/Germany, Monrovia/Liberia, Panama
- Sister-Ships: Persimmoncore, Guavacore, Anonacore, Pecan, Tangerincore, Mandarincore, Nectarincore, Satsumacore, Sultancore, Clementina, Lemoncore, Mangocore, Avocadacore.
May 6th 1970: Launched
September 17th 1970: Completed for Maritime Fruit Carriers, Haifa, Israel as NAVELINACORE.
Courtesy of Chris Howell (NAVELINACORE astern of MORILLO, Melbourne 23/03/1973)
1975: Renamed NAVELINA Registered Owner; F.M. Atlantic Frigomaria Kuhischiffreederi G.m.b.H.
1976: Renamed PASADENA
© Joerg Seyler
© Gordon Wise (Left) and © ToptoToe (Centre of the three vessels) (Right) (Both @ Dover)
1981: Renamed PASADENA I.
© Derek Longly (Dover)
1982: Sold to Citrosuco, converted to fruit juice carrier and renamed OURO DO BRASIL. Registered Owner; M.V. Pasadena Shipping Corp. Registered Manager; Maritime Services Aleuropa G.m.b.H.
© Patrick Hill
© Brian Fisher
1992: Renamed CITRUS DO BRASIL. Registered Owner; M.V. Pasadena Shipping Corp. Registered Manager; Maritime Services Aleuropa G.m.b.H.
May 2003: To breakers at Alang, India.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Patrick Hill, Chris Howell, Derek Longly, Bob Scott, Joerg Seyler, ToptoToe and Gordon Wise for their assistance in producing this feature.