MV La Goleta
ex La Goulette, Olau Vig, Admiral Carrier
Steel twin screw motor vessel built in 1973 at Hatlø Verksted A/S, Ulsteinvik,Norway (Yard No 47), for A/S Larvik-Frederikshavns Linien, Larvik, Norway.as a Ro/Ro freight vessel
- Length: 91.07m (298.7 ft)(overall)/84.31m (274.3 ft)(between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 15.00m (49.05 ft)
- Depth: 9.57m (31.6 ft
- Draught: 4.42m (10.7 ft)
- Tonnage: 499 gross, 2,379/191 net/1000 – 1016 deadweight
- Engines: Two 16-cylinder B & W type Alpha diesels
- Power: 618 kW/4000 bhp
- Speed: 16 knots
- Capacity: 12 passengers, 25 x 40 ft freight vehicles plus 25 cars or 170 cars or any combination of lorries/trailers and trade cars.
- Call Sign: LKDK, YYGG
- IMO Number: 7235745
- Registry: Larvik/Norway, Ribe/Denmark, Tunis, Pampatar/Venezuela
- Sister Ship: Admiral Carrier I
January 27th 1973: Delivered to A/S Larvik-Frederikshavns Linien, Larvik, Norway.
March 9th 1973 – August 9th 1973: Operated between Larvik – Frederikshavn.
1973: Chartered to Thanet Line (Olau Line AKTS) for services between Ramsgate – Vlissingen.
Nigel Thornton Collection (Left) © ToptpToe (Right)
March 1st 1974: Sold to Olau Line, Ribe, Denmark and renamed OLAU VIG.
September 20th 1974: The raising of the charter rates unfortunately saw the service collapse.
September 1974: Sold to Cotunav, Tunis, Tunisia and renamed LA GOULETTE. Operated between Genoa – Tunis.
© Carlo Martinelli (Genoa 01/01/1979)
1991: Sold to Consolidada de Ferry C.A. (CONFERRYS), Pampatar, Venezuela and renamed LA GOLETA.
1991: Operated between Puerto La Cruz – Punta de Piedras.
🆕© Frank Heine (Punta de Piedras, 02/02/1996)
2016: Still active with Conferry, Caracas, Venezuela..
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: FrankHeine, Carlo Martinelli and Andreas Wörteler for their assistance in producing this feature.