MV DHB Doughty
© Ray Goodfellow
Azimuth Stern Drive (ASD 3110) tractor tug (‘Z’ drive) unit built in March 2000 by Damen, Gorinchem (Yard no 7944), Holland, for Dover Harbour Board.
- Length: 30.82m (overall), (28.03 ft)
- Breadth of Hull: 10.20m (9.40 ft)
- Draught: 4m (13.0 ft) (maximum)
- Tonnage: 304 gross, 91 net
- Engines: 2 x 4tew 6cyl Wartsilla 6L26, Propulsion – 2 x Aquamaster Z drive units
- Power: 2500 – 3600 bkW (3353 – 4828 bhp), Total Output – 3,600 kW at 1,000rpm
- Speed: 12.0 – 13.5 knots (max)
- Capacity: 35.7 – 55.8 tonnes
- Call sign: MZGA8
- MMSI Number: 232004783
- IMO Number: 9190468
- Registry: United Kingdom
- Sister Vessel: DHB Dauntless
2000: Casco built by PO SevMash Predpriyatiye at Severodvinsk (RUS)
2000: Completed by Damen Shipyards at Gorinchem
March 2000: Delivered to Barclays Mercantile Business Finance Ltd, manager DHB – Dover Harbour Board at Dover
Nigel Thornton Collection
© Nigel Thornton
June 1st 2000: Named by Dover Harbour Board members Margaret Llewellyn and Cynthia Alers.
2005: In service. The sisters operate over the bow with their own 80mm towing ropes, usually towing through the vessel’s forward and aft centre leads and both tugs are let go before the vessel passes between the breakwaters, unless the vessel is proceeding stern first.
DHB Doughty dressed overall for the maiden arrival of Maersk Dunkerque and Maersk Dover. © Ray Goodfellow
DHB Doughty returning to port after assisting the Norwegian Dreams departure from Dover. © Stéphane Poulain
DHB Doughty seen working around the harbour. © Ray Goodfellow
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions found. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Stéphane Poulain for his assistance in compiling this feature.