MV Crystal Serenity
© Aleksi Lindström
Steel twin pod motor vessel built in 2003 by Chantiers de l’Atlantique, St. Nazaire, France (Yard No H32) for Crystal Cruises, Los Angeles, United States (wholly owned division of Nippon Yusen Kasha (NYK), Japan).
- Original Cost: $350 million
- Length on deck: 250.0m (820.2 ft) overall
- Breadth of hull: 34.0m (111.5 ft) extreme
- Draught: 7.60m (24.9 ft) maximum
- Tonnage: 68,870 gross/34,913 net/6,945 deadweight
- Engines: Six Wartsila 12V38B diesels
- Propulsion/Propellers: 52,197 kW/2 Azimuthing pods
- Speed: 22 knots
- Capacity: 1100 passengers
- Passenger decks: 8
- Crew: 655
- Navigation Officers: Scandinavian
- Call Sign: C6SY3
- IMO Number: 9243667
- Registry: Bahamas
November 8th 2002: Launched.
June 30th 2003: Delivered to Crystal Cruises, Nassau, Bahamas.
© Aleksi Lindström (both)
July 3rd 2003: Christened in Southampton.
July 7th 2003: Positioning cruise.
© John Wilson (both)
January 19th 2004: Departed Los Angeles on her first world circumnavigation. Next 106 days heading west via Hawaii, Japan, China, Singapore, India, Africa and South America.
April 27th 2005: First call at Dover.
© Nigel Thornton
We would like to thank: Aleksi Lindström and John Wilson for their assistance in producing this feature. All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for errors and omissions.