Sedef Shipyard was first established in 1972 in Gebze, Turkey, before moving to its current location in Tuzla, Turkey in 1990. With more than 200 projects successfully completed to date, Sedef Shipyard has been operating under its parent company Turkon Holding since 2000, which belongs to one of the most established families in the Turkish maritime sector.
Turkon Holding has roots dating back to 1954, when Kalkavan Family first started in shipping management. Within the 65 years that has passed since then, the Group has contributed to carrying Turkish shipping industry forward by creating two leading brands: Turkon Line in container transportation, and Sedef Shipyard in shipbuilding.
With a total of 270.000 m² area for production, 194.000 m² in Tuzla plant and 76.000 m² in Orhanlı plant, Sedef Shipyard is the largest private shipyard in Turkey in size and production capacity. Indoor production facilities amount to 51.000 m² and 12.000 m² in Tuzla and Orhanlı plants, respectively.
Operating with an annual shipbuilding capacity of 600.000 DWT, Sedef Shipyard also houses one of Turkey’s biggest dry dock with capacity to build, repair, and maintain up to 180.000 DWT vessels; as well as the capacity to lift up to 1.050 tons in the dry dock and up to 500 tons on the quay. Aiming to set an example for the industry not only with its projects, but also with its approach towards caring for the people, the sea, and the environment; Sedef Shipyard houses the largest and most environment friendly indoor painting halls in Turkey.