MV Investigador I
ex Invetigador, Investigador I, THPV (20) Preceder
© A G Jones
Steel single screw motor vessel, built in 1961 by Brooke Marine, Lowestoft (Yard No. 284), for Corporation of Trinity House as a Pilot Tender.
- Length: 125.0 ft (between perpendiculars), 139.0 ft (overall)
- Breadth of hull: 24.1 ft (extreme), 24.0 ft (moulded)
- Depth: 13.0 ft
- Draught: 11.6 ft (aft, loaded), 6.6 ft (forward, loaded)
- Tonnage: 334.53 gross/79.95 net/430.00 deadweight
- Load Displacement: 430 tons
- Engines: 2 x 4SA 6-cylinder Lister Blackstone diesels
- Fuel: Gas Oil
- Power: 990 bhp/750 rpm
- Speed: 13.314 knots (full trial), 12.75 knots (working)
- Radar: Decca 303
- Capacity of Tanks or Bunkers: 52 tons
- Consumption per 24 hrs: 4.5 tons (Full Speed)/1.37 tons (Station Working Speed)
- Fresh Water Capacity: 22 tons
- Ballast Tanks: 15 tons
- Cable: 1”
- Anchors: 4 (Number),9,9.7¼, 3 cwt (Size)
- Voltage: 220
- Capacity: 6 officers, 12 crew
- Sleeping accommodation: 12
- Call Sign: MENQ, HO6765, EAJO
- ID Number: 5283669 Official Number: 302882
- Registry: London (1961), Panama (1980), Spain
- Sister-ship: (19) Patrol
August 28th 1961: Launched to Corporation of Trinity House as PROCEDER.
© Ted Ingham
1982: Renamed PRECEDER I.
1982: Renamed CEDER. Registered Owner: Latam Shipping S.A.
1987: Renamed INVESTIGADOR-S
1992: Registered Owner: Compania de Investigaciones Marinas S.A. Renamed INVESTIGADOR
1993: Converted to a Hospital Ship and renamed INVESTIGADOR I
2007: Renamed INVESTIGADOR.
© Mike Barker (Almeria 10/03/2016)
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Mike Barker, Ted Ingham, A G Jones, Neil Jones (Trinity House Archives), Prieto, Santi and Andy C Adams for their assistance in producing this feature.