Mv Lucky Trader
Ex Ballyrobert, Ardingly
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1951 by SP Austin & Son Ltd, Southwick, Sunderland (Yard No 406) as General Cargo ship.
- Length: 77.25 m (overall) 73.26 m (between perpendiculars)
Breadth: 11.07 m
Depth: 5.06 m
Draught: 4.788 m
Tonnage: 1473 gross/707 net/1900 deadweight
Engines: Oil 2SA 7-cylinder Sulzer diesel
Power: 690 kW/925 HP
Speed: 10 ½ knots
Capacity: 1,860 long tons (2,080 short tons; 1,890 t)
Call Sign: MDJP, C4XR
IMO Number: 5022778
Official Number (LR 1974 – 75): 184351
Port of Registry: London/UK, Belfast/UK, Limassol/Cyprus
October 25th 1950: Launched.
© Tony Garner (Left) © Charlie Hill (Right)
January 8th 1951: Completed for Stephenson Clarke Shipping, Newcastle Upon-Tyne.
© David Ingham (Left, Granville Dock, Dover) © Capt Jan Melchers (Right)
1968: Owners changed name to Stephenson Clarke Shipping Ltd.
1971: Sold to John Kelly, Belfast and renamed BALLYROBERT.
1977: Sold to Oreosa Navigation Company Ltd. – S. Stoggiannos & J. Soumas, Limassol and renamed LUCKY TRADER.
April 28th 1980: Laid up at Piraeus.
1982: Scrapped at Piraeus
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Tony Garner, Charlie Hill, David Ingham, Capt Jan Melchers for their assistance in producing this feature.
Special thanks go to: Ted Ingham and PWR
Article © Nigel Thornton and Ray Goodfellow (Dover Ferry Photos Group)