MV Swedish Stream
ex Swedish Reefer, Chiquita Scandinavia
Swedish Reefer – © Cees Bustraan
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1992 at Danyard A/S Frederikshavn, Denmark (Yard No. 714) as a refrigerated cargo vessel
- Length: 158.12m (overall), 144.99m (moulded)
- Breadth: 24.40m (moulded)
- Depth: 10.00m
- Draught: 11.90m (summer)
- Tonnage: 13,049 gross, 5,353 net, 14178t deadweight
- Engines: One 2T – 8 cylinder B & W diesel
- Power: 15218.4kW
- Speed: 21.80 knots
- Capacity: 18275 cu.m. 170 Reefer Plugs. 439 TEU
- Call sign: C6KD4
- MMSI Number: 308126000
- IMO Number: 9030149
- Registry: Nassau/Bahamas
Please note that the AIS ship position data may be over an hour old and a specific vessels position will only be displayed if its within range of the MarineTraffic system. The ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured on this page is provided by www.marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for its content or its accuracy.
November 1st 1992: Completed as CHIQUITA SCANDINAVIA.
2005: Registered Owner; Danop Ltd.
- -‘CHIQUITA NEDERLAND’ 13,958tdw Blt 11/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA BELGIE’ 13,930 tdw Blt 02/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 331 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCANDINAVIA’ 13,930 tdw Blt 11/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA ITALIA’ 13,930 tdw Blt 08/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND’ 13,930 tdw Blt 09/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ’ 13,910tdw Blt 05/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA BREMEN’ 12,890 tdw Blt 10/92 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA ROSTOCK’ 12,850 tdw Blt 03/93 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- Sold En Bloc To Chartworld at 227.00mil USD. Registered Manager; Diamond Ship Management NV.
© Gena Amfimov
2007: Registered Manager; Diamond Shipmanagement NV. Registered Owner; Scandinavia Shipping Corp.
© Willem Oldenburg
© Aleksi Lindström
July 2014: Renamed SWEDISH REEFER. Registered Manager; Chartworld Shipping Corp.
2014: Registered Manager; Seatrade Reefer Chartering NV.
© Cees Bustraan
July 28th 2017: Laid up on the River Fal
© Mike Nash
December 1st 2019: Renamed SWEDISH STREAM.
December 16th 2019: Registered owner; Swedish Stream Shipping Co Ltd, Groningen.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Gena Amfimov, Cees Bustraan, Aleksi Lindström, Mike Nash and Willem Oldenburg for their assistance in producing this feature.