MV Yongxiang 7
Ex Summer Bay, Summer Breeze, Chiquita Baracoa, Ellen D
© Brian Fisher
Steel single screw motor vessel, built in 1985 by Kurushima Dock, Co., Ltd (Yard No. 2393), for Leif Hoegh & Co., Ltd as a refrigerated/cargo ship.
- Length: 169.09m (overall), 158.53m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth of hull: 24.01m
- Depth: 13.21m
- Draught: 9.53m
- Tonnage: 12,660 gross (ITC 69), 6,755 net (ITC 69), 13,636 deadweight
- Engines: BF6L913 C diesel
- Power: 19810bhp/14571kW
- Speed: 22 knots (max)
- Capacity: 588,595 cu ft, 6,283 sq m
- Cranes: 3 x 36t + 1 x 10t
- Reefer plugs: 82
- Call Sign:3ELC4, C6RO3. XUKD6
- IMO Number: 8410586
- Registry: Republic of Panama/Bermuda /Nassau, Bahamas/ Bermuda. Cambodia
- Sister-ships: Summer Flower, Summer Meadow, Summer Wind
June 5th 1985: Keel laid.
August 10th 1985: Launched.
December 1st 1985: Completed as ELLEN D. Registered Manager; Hoegh Fleet Services.
June 26th 1990: Renamed CHIQUITA BARACOA.
December 31st 1995: Renamed SUMMER BREEZE
November 24th 2000: Renamed SUMMER BAY.
2002 – 2003: Manager; Teekay Marine Services AS.
2003: Owner; Bay Shipping Corp. Manager; Chartsworld Shipping Corp
© Aleksi Lindström
2014: Laid up at Falmouth
© Barrie Clark
© Henk Guddee
2014: Sold to Yongxiang Hong Kong Co Ltd. Manager; Haoda Shipping Management International, Hong Kong and renamed YONGXIANG 7.
We would like to thank: Barrie Clark, Brian Fisher, Henk Guddee and Aleksi Lindström for their assistance in producing this feature. All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for errors and omissions.