MV Star First
© Federica Bolognini
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 2006 by Shikoku Dockyard Co Ltd, Takamatsu (Yard No 1030) for Southern Route Maritime as a refrigerated cargo/vehicle ship.
- Length :162.50m (overall), 151.490 (registered), 150.00m (moulded)
- Breadth: 26m (extreme)
- Draught: 10.619m
- Tonnage: 14,030 gross (International)/6,724 net (International)/13,202 deadweight (summer on 9.70m draught)
- Engines: 2 SA 7-cylinder Mitsui Engineering (Tamano Works) diesels.
- Power: 15820kW (11473)
- Speed: 22 knots max banana laden 0n 7.5m draught.
- Holds/Hatches: 4/4
- Temperature compartments/zones: 8
- Reefer plugs: 200 (on deck)
- Capacity: (m3) B17,463 Dry; TEU-436 FEU-276 REF; TEU-200; Car 551
- Call Sign: 3EEZ6, 9V9359
- IMO number: 9330056
- Registered: Panama,Singapore.
2004: Originally ordered as SHIKOKU and to be managed by Star Reefers.
October 1st 2006: Keel laid.
December 20th 2005: Launched under the management of Nissen Kauin, Japan.
March 31st 2006: Completed for Southern Route Management, Panama.
© Henk Guddee
July 2006: Registered Owner; Nissen Kaiun/Southern Route.
© Ray Goodfellow
© Aleksi Lindström (both)
2014: Registered Manager; Bright Star Management, Shipmanagement. Philippines
We would like to thank: Federico Bolognini, Ray Goodfellow, Henk Guddee, Aleksi Lindström for their assistance in producing this feature. All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for errors and omissions.