MV Star First
© Federica Bolognini
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 2006 by Shikoku Dockyard Co Ltd, Takamatsu (Yard No 1030) for Southern Route Maritime as a refrigerated cargo/vehicle ship
- Length :162.50m (overall), 151.490 (registered), 150.00m (moulded)
- Breadth: 26m (extreme)
- Draught: 10.619m
- Tonnage: 14,030 gross (International)/6,724 net (International)/13,202 deadweight (summer on 9.70m draught)
- Engines: 2 SA 7-cylinder Mitsui Engineering (Tamano Works) diesels.
- Power: 15820kW (11473)
- Speed: 22 knots max banana laden 0n 7.5m draught.
- Holds/Hatches: 4/4
- Temperature compartments/zones: 8
- Reefer plugs: 200 (on deck)
- Capacity: (m3) B17,463 Dry; TEU-436 FEU-276 REF; TEU-200; Car 551
- Call Sign: 3EEZ6, 9V9359
- IMO number: 9330056
- MMSI Number: 636016511
- Registered: Panama, Singapore
- Sister Ships: Star Best, Star Care, Star Endeavour, Star Leader, Star Pride, Star Prima, Star Quality, Star Standard, Star Service, Star Stratos, Star Trust
Show / Hide MarineTraffic Map
Please note that this vessels AIS transponder and position data may be over an hour old and that this specific vessels position will only be displayed when it is within range of the MarineTraffic AIS system. The AIS transponder/ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and it is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured within this website is provided by www.marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for the content or the accuracy of this data
2004: Originally ordered as SHIKOKU and to be managed by Star Reefers.
October 1st 2006: Keel laid.
December 20th 2005: Launched under the management of Nissen Kauin, Japan.
March 31st 2006: Completed for Southern Route Management, Panama.
© Henk Guddee
July 2006: Registered Owner; Nissen Kaiun/Southern Route.
© Ray Goodfellow
© Aleksi Lindström (both)
2014: Registered Manager; Bright Star Management, Shipmanagement. Philippines
🆕 Star First – © Willem Oldenburg (Ijmuiden, 23/10/2019)
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions found. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Federico Bolognini, Ray Goodfellow, Henk Guddee, Aleksi Lindström and Willem Oldenburg for their assistance in compiling this feature.