MV Schweiz Reefer
ex Chiquita Schweiz
Schweiz Reefer – © Aleksi Lindström
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1992 at Danyard A/S Frederikshavn, Denmark (Yard No. 711) as a refrigerated cargo vessel
- Length: 158.12m (overall), 144.99m (moulded)
- Breadth: 24.40m (moulded)
- Depth: 10.00m
- Draught: 11.90m (summer)
- Tonnage: 13,049 gross, 5,353 net, 14178t deadweight
- Engines: One 2T – 8 cylinder B & W diesel
- Power: 15218.4kW
- Speed: 21.80 knots
- Capacity: 18275 cu.m. 170 Reefer Plugs. 439 TEU
- Call sign: C6KD9
- MMSI Number: 308124000
- IMO Number: 9015216
- Registry: Nassau/Bahamas
Please note that the AIS ship position data may be over an hour old and a specific vessels position will only be displayed if its within range of the MarineTraffic system. The ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured on this page is provided by www.marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for its content or its accuracy.
August 12th 1991: Keel laid.
October 31st 1992: Launched.
May 25th 1992: Completed as CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ.
2005: CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ, CHIQUITA BELGIE, CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND, CHIQUITA NEDERLAND sold en-bloc. All 4
for $59.70m to US buyers Great White Fleet.
© Willem Oldenburg
- -‘CHIQUITA NEDERLAND‘ 13,958tdw Blt 11/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA BELGIE’ 13,930 tdw Blt 02/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 331 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCANDINAVIA‘ 13,930 tdw Blt 11/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA ITALIA’ 13,930 tdw Blt 08/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND‘ 13,930 tdw Blt 09/91 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ’ 13,910tdw Blt 05/92 Danyard Frederikshavn, Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA BREMEN’ 12,890 tdw Blt 10/92 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- – ‘CHIQUITA ROSTOCK’ 12,850 tdw Blt 03/93 Schichau Seebeckwerft, Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
- Sold En Bloc To Chartworld at $227mil USD. Registered Manager; Diamond Ship Management NV.
July 2014: Renamed SCHWEIZ REEFER. Registered Owner; Schweiz Shipping Corp, Bahamas. Registered Manager; Chartworld Shipping Corp.
© Erwin Willemse
© Ed Connell
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Ed Connell, Aleksi Lindström, Netty, Willem Oldenburg and Erwin Willemse for their assistance in producing this feature.