MV Ming Feng
Ex Sable Bay, Santorini Rex, Cap Valiente, Cap Domingo
© Wil Weijsters
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1983 by Shikoku Dockyard Company Ltd, Takamatsu, Japan (Yard No 822) as a Refrigerated Cargo ship
- Length: 143.54 m (overall) 135.0 m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 21.50 m
- Depth: 13.10 m
- Draught: 8.515 m
- Tonnage: 8,739 gross/3,973 net/9300-9746t deadweight
- Engines: 12-cylinder 4 stroke single acting Ishikawajima Harima Heavy Ind. diesels
- Power: 6620 kW/9,000 HP
- Speed: 18.0 knots
- Decks: 4
- Capacity: Ins: 11,893 cu.m.28 TEU 435.491 cu.ft.
- Call Sign: 3FFM2, DVLY, YJZ4, 3FZK5, PJEF, V2EG9, XUDF5, T3UH2
- IMO Number: 8214827
- Official Number: 12106
- Port of Registry: Panama, Manila/Philippines, Panama, St Johns/Antigua & Barbuda, Willemstad/Curacao, Phnom Penh/Cambodia, Kiribati/ Republic of Kiribati.
1983: Delivered as CAP DOMINGO. Owner & Manager; Pegasus Carriers Corp. S.A., Panama, Panama R.P.
© Mick Warwick
1989: Renamed CAP VALIENTE. Owner & Manager; Sagana Shipping Inc., Manila, Philippines
November 1991: Renamed SANTORINI REX. Owner & Manager; Reefsan Shipping Inc., Port Vila, Vanuatu
© Mike Jackson
October 1996: Renamed SABLE BAY. Owner; Sable Bay Shipping Co S.A. Manager; Dammers Shipmanagement NV.
© Wil Weijsters
© Daniel Ferro
1998: Owner; NTH Schiffahrts G.m.b.H. & Co. Kg. Manager; Thien & Heyenga Bereederungs und Befrachtungs GmbH
May 2011: Renamed MING FENG. Owner; Ming Feng Shipping Inc. Manager Ningbo Shanglun Ship Management Co.
November 2015: Owner; Ming Feng Shipping Inc. Manager; Favour Marine S.A.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Daniel Ferro, Mike Jackson, Mick Warwick and Wil Weijsters for their assistance in producing this feature.