MV S Lucia
Ex Brestskaya Krepost, Golar Nel
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1968 by Drammen Slip & Verksted, Drammen, Norway (Yard No 63) as a Refrigerated Cargo Ship
- Length: 139.27m (overall)130.81 m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 18.04 m
- Depth: 11.64 m
- Draught: 7.919 m
- Tonnage: 4902 – 4891 – 4792 gross/2435 – 3527- 2027 net/7095 – 7090 deadweight
- Engines: 1 x 9RND68, 2 Stroke, Single Acting, In-Line (Vertical) – 9 Cy Sulzer diesel
- Power: 8826kW/12000HP
- Speed: 22.50 knots
- Capacity: 4 Hatches/Holds; 23.4m-22.4m, 24.0m, 21.7m 8,785 m³
- Call Sign: LNZI, EVTF, HQDG7
- IMO Number: 6805464
- Official Number: L-2643304
- Fishing Number: KT-0063
- Port of Registry: Tvedestrand/Norway, Kaliningrad/USSR, San Lorenzo/Honduras
- Sister-Ship: Golar Freeze.
November 3rd 1967: Launched
February 1968: Completed. Registered Owner; I/S Gotaas. Registered Manager; Trgve Gotaas A/S.
1975: Became Soviet fish carrier and renamed BRESTSKAYA KREPOST. Owner/Manager: USSR-Zapryba
© Gerolf Drebes
1990: Renamed S LUCIA. Registered Owner; Vivarini compania Naviera S.A. Registered Manager; Pan Group S.A.
© Ken Larwood
March 1990: De-classed Bureau Veritas.
November 1992: Status changed to Laid-Up
October 21st 1993: Broken Up by Oge Gemi Sokum Tic. A.S. of Aliaga in Turkey.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Gerolf Drebes and Ken Larwood for their assistance in producing this feature.