Mv Nusa Bahagia
Ex Sais, Makedonia, Rose Schiaffino, Ador, Saint Christophe, Ador
© Ken Larwood
Steel twin screw motor vessel, built in 1972 by Scheepswerf en Mfbk. “De Biesbosch”, Dordrecht, Holland (Yard No. 583) as a Ro/Ro Cargo ship
- Length: 98.53 m (overall) 87.15 m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 15.70m
- Depth: 8.62 m
- Draught: 3.849m
- Tonnage: 3555 gross/1066 net/1810 deadweight
- Engines: 2 Oil 4SA x 8-cylinder MWN TBD 501-8U diesel
- Power: 4028 kW/5400 HP
- Speed: 15.5 knots
- Capacity: 50 passengers, 56 cars (after rebuild 1989)
- Call Sign: DCMV, 9V2412, FPOK, YEUN
- IMO Number: 7206859 Official Number: 10596/3920
- Indonesian Register Number: 5602
- Port of Registry: Aschendorf/Germany, Singapore, Rouen/France, Jakarta/ Indonesia
1972: Launched as ADOR
1972: Delivered as SAINT CHRISTOPHE
1974 -1975: Registered Manager; Condor Reederei. OHG.
1974: Chartered to Seagull Ferries.
1975: Sold to M/S Ador Reederei, Singapore and renamed ADOR.
© Bob Scott
© Leo Johannes
1980: Sold to Schiaffino, Germany and renamed ROSE SCHIAFFINO. Registered Owner; Societe d’Armement et de De Navigation Charles Schiaffino.
1980: Commenced service Ostend – Dover.
March 1st 1984: Commenced service Ostend – Ramsgate.
© Peter Longhurst
1987: Sold to unknown company and renamed MAKEDONIA.
1989: Sold to Cogimade, Casablanca, Morocco and renamed SAIS.
1992: Sold to P.T. Putera Master Sarana Penyeberangan, Jakarta and renamed NUSA BAHAGIA.
2006: In Service Registered owner: Putera Master Sarana Address: 15, Jalan Cempaka Putih Barat, XXIII, Jakarta Indonesia. Ship manager: Putera Master Sarana Address: 15, Jalan Cempaka Putih Barat, XXIII, Jakarta Indonesia.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: PT. Putera Master SP, Leo Johannes, Ken Larwood, Peter Longhurst, Bob Scott and Andreas Wörteler for their assistance in producing this feature.