MV Italia Reefer
ex Chiquita Italia
© Stan Muller
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1992 at Danyard A/S Frederikshavn, Denmark (Yard No. 712) as a refrigerated cargo vessel.
- Length: 158.13m (overall), 146.60m (moulded)
- Breadth: 24.40m (moulded)
- Depth: 10.00m
- Draught: 10.02m (summer)
- Tonnage: 13,049 gross, 5,353 net, 14178t deadweight
- Engines: One 2T – 8 cylinder B & W 8S60MC diesel
- Power: 15218.4kW
- Speed: 21.80 knots
- Capacity: 18275 cu.m. 170 Reefer Plugs. 439 TEU
- Call sign: C6KD5
- IMO Number: 9030137
- MMSI Number: 308438000
- Registry: Nassau/Bahamas
Please note that the AIS ship position data may be over an hour old and a specific vessels position will only be displayed if its within range of the MarineTraffic system. The ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured on this page is provided by www.marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for its content or its accuracy.
February 1st 1992: Keel laid.
April 15th 1992: Launched.
August 21st 1992: Completed. Owner; Diamond Shipmanagement. Registered Manager; Diamond Shipmanagement.
© Jens Boldt
2007: Sold to Chartworld.
-‘CHIQUITA NEDERLAND’ 13,958tdw Blt 11/91 Danyard Frederikshavn,Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
– ‘CHIQUITA BELGIE’ 13,930tdw Blt 02/92 Danyard Frederikshavn,Den M/E B&W 331 TEUs
– ‘CHIQUITA SCANDINAVIA’ 13,930tdw Blt 11/92 Danyard Frederikshavn,Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
– ‘CHIQUITA ITALIA’ 13,930tdw Blt 08/92 Danyard Frederikshavn,Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
– ‘CHIQUITA DEUTSCHLAND’ 13,930tdw Blt 09/91 Danyard Frederikshavn,Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
– ‘CHIQUITA SCHWEIZ’ 13,910tdw Blt 05/92 Danyard Frederikshavn,Den M/E B&W 439 TEUs
– ‘CHIQUITA BREMEN’ 12,890tdw Blt 10/92 Schichau Seebeckwerft,Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
– ‘CHIQUITA ROSTOCK’ 12,850tdw Blt 03/93 Schichau Seebeckwerft,Geu M/E B&W 290 TEUs
Sold En Bloc To Chartworld at 227.00mil USD. Registered Manager; Diamond Ship Management NV.
© Aleksi Lindström
July 2014: Renamed ITALIA REEFER.
© Stan Muller
2015: Owner; Italia Shipping Corporation. Manager; Seatrade Reefer Chartering N.V.
© Cees Bustraan
© Nigel Scutt
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Jens Boldt, Cees Bustraan, Aleksi Lindström, Stan Muller and Nigel Scutt (Dover Marina) for their assistance in producing this feature.