MV Hope Bay
© Carsten Dettmer
Steel single screw motor vessel, built in 1996 by Kitanihon Shipbuilding Co. Ltd., Hachinohe-City (Yard No. 288 ), as a refrigerated cargo ship.
- Length: 143.00m (overall), 134.74m (registered)
- Breadth: 22.0m (extreme)
- Depth: 13.3m
- Draught: 8.270m
- Tonnage: 8,896 gross/4,365 net/9638t deadweight (owners statement)
- Engines: 1 x Mitsubishi (Akasaka) 2 SA 7 UBC diesel .
- Power: 9628kW
- Speed: 21.70 knots
- Capacity: 1470m3 ,135 x 20ft containers
- Call Sign: PJQK
- IMO number: 9135169
- Registered: Willemstad, Netherlands Antilles.
- Sister Ships:
November 16th 1995: Keel laid
February 6th 1996: Launched.
March 1996: Completed.
© Nigel Thornton (both)
2006: Registered Owner; “Hope bay” GmBH & Co. KG. Registered Manager; Triton Schiffahrts GmBH.
© Ed Connell (all)
We would like to thank: Ed Connell and Carsten Dettmer for their assistance in producing this feature. All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for errors and omissions.