ex Ailsa, Eastern Ice, Caribbean Reefer, Golfo De Batabano
© Marc Piché
Steel single screw motor vessel, Kanda445 – 443k Standard, built in 1977 by Kanda Zosensho Kisen Kaisha., Kure, Japan (Yard No 217) as Refrigerated Cargo vessel.
- Length: 163.00 m (overall) 152.0 m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 22.66 m
- Depth: 13.52 m
- Draught: 9.212 m
- Tonnage: 10549 gross/6437 net/10556 deadweight
- Engines: 2 SA 6 – cylinder Burmeister & Wain diesel engines
- Power: 11401 kW/15500 HP
- Speed: 23 knots
- Crew: 36
- Capacity: 12,665 m³
- Call Sign: COGX, FSCR, P3RP7
- IMO Number: 7622039
- Official Number: 521
- Port of Registry: Havana/Cuba, Limassol/Cyprus (Eastern Ice), Saint Kitts & Nevis
- Sister Ships: Golfo De Guacanayabo, Golfo De Guanahacabibes, Oceano Artico,
May 4th 1977: Keel laid.
August 20th 1977: Launched for the Cuban Fishing Fleet, Havana. Registered Owner; Government of The Republic of Cuba (Empresa Flota Cubana de Pesca) as GOLFO DE BATABANO.
December 15th 1977: Completed.
© Mike Jackson
© Yvon Perchoc (left) and © Mike Jackson (right)
February 1998: Renamed CARIBBEAN REEFER.
© Jorg Seyler
July 1999: Sold and renamed EASTERN ICE. Registered Owner; Bolunda Shipping, Greece . Registered Manager; Lagoa Shipping, Greece.
© Yvon Perchoc
Courtesy of W Kramer
2003: Sold and renamed AILSA.
November 2006: Renamed AILA.
2006: Sold to Indian breakers.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Mike Jackson, W Kramer, Marc Piché, Yvon Perchoc and Joerg Seyler for their assistance in producing this feature.