MV Costa Pacifica
© Federico Bolognini
Steel twin screw motor vessel built in 2009 by Fincantieri, Marghera, Venice, Italy (Yard No 6148) as a “Concordia Class” passenger/cruise ship
- Cost: € 500 million
- Length: 290.20m (overall) 247.4m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 35.50m
- Depth: 14.18m
- Draught: 8.20m
- Tonnage: 114,288 gross/ net/87,300 net
- Engines: Six Wartsila diesels
- Power: 75600 kW/HP
- Speed: 23.0 knots (maMax), 22 lnots (servie)
- Capacity: 3,780 passengers
- Crew: 1,110
- Passenger Decks: 14
- Call Sign: ICJA
- IMO Number: 9378498 Official Number:
- Port of Registry: Genova/Italy
- Sister-Ship: Costa Concordia, Costa Favolosa, Costa Serena, Carnival Splendour, Costa Fascinosa
December 13th 2005: Building contract.
June 29th 2006: Keel laid.
July 24th 2007: Bow section launched at Palermo yard.
August 2007: Bow section towed to Ponente.
June 30th 2008: Launched.
March 30th 2009: Returned to Ponente after sea-trials.
May 28th 2009: Delivered Grand Cruise Investments.
June 5th 2009: In a dual ceremony with COSTA LUMINOSA named in Genoa.
June 6th 2009: Maiden voyage from Savona.
2011: Registered owner; Costa Crociere SPA
© Carlos Poveda
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Federico Bolognini, Carlos Poveda and Andreas Wörteler for their assistance in producing this feature.