MV Costa Mediterranea
© Aleksi Lindström
Steel twin Azipod ‘Spirit Class’ motor vessel built in 2003 by Kvaerner Masa Yard, Helsingfors, Finland, (Yard No 502) as a Passenger (Cruise) ship for Costa Crociere, Italy
- Cost: $335 million
- Length: 292.56m (on deck) 260.65m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth of hull: 32.20m
- Depth: 13.6m
- Draught: 7.8m
- Tonnage: 85619 gross/ 53437 net/7500t deadweight
- Engines: 6 9-cylinder Wartsila-ABB NSD 9L46D diesel-electric
- Total Power: 70536 kW/ 35200
- Propellers: 2 azimuthing pods
- Speed: 22 knots (service) 24.0 knots (max)
- Capacity: 2,680 passengers
- Passenger decks: 12
- Crew: 912
- Call Sign: IBCF
- IMO: 9237345
- Italian Register Number: 78892
- MMSI Number: 247088200
- Registry: Genoa/Italy
- Sister-Ships: Costa Atlantica, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Pride, Carnival Legend, Carnival Miracle
Please note that the AIS ship position data may be over an hour old and a specific vessels position will only be displayed if its within range of the MarineTraffic system. The ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured on this page is provided by www.marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for its content or its accuracy.
December 18th 2000: Keel laid.
September 24th 2002: Launched.
May 22nd 2003: Delivered to Costa Crociere SpA, Genoa, Italy.
May 23rd 2003: Left Helsingfors for Hamburg.
June 16th 2003: Began cruising from Genoa around the Mediterranean Sea then continued world wide cruises.
© Aleksi Lindström
April 12th 2018: Received new livery at Marseille.
© Cedric Hacke (Zeebrugge 12/05/2018)
May 29th 2018: Due at Dover.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Cedic Hacke and Aleksi Lindström for their assistance in producing this feature.