MV BBC Pearl
Ex North Sea Carrier
© Jens Boldt
Steel single screw “Amber Class” motor vessel built in 2012 by Jiangzhou Union Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (Yard No JZ1036) as a Multi-Purpose Dry Cargo Ship (General cargo carriage Additional purpose(s):Dry bulk cargo carriage Container carriage)
- Length: 153.45 m (overall) 145.46 m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 23.2 m
- Depth: 12.8 m
- Draught: 9.1 m
- Tonnage: 12,838 gross/5,968 net/14418t deadweight
- Engines: STX MAN 6S46MC-C diesel
- Power: 8,280 kW/HP
- Speed: 17 knots
- Capacity: 985 TEU/ 13,119 m³
- Call Sign: V2FY8
- IMO Number: 9504786
- GNV GL ID Number: G1143981
- Port of Registry: Germany. St John’s/Antigua and Barbuda
- Sister-Ships: Lir J, Eris J, Senda J, Industrial Force, BBC Ambre, BBC Amethyst, BBC Aquamarine, BBC Citrine, BBC Coral, BBC Emerald, BBC Moonstone, BBC Opal, BBC Sapphire, BBC Ruby, BBC Quartz, BBC Topaz, BBC Tourmaline
May 1st 2007: Contract date.
September 16th 2008: Keel laid.
March 20th 2012: Launched as NORTH SEA CARRIER (Outfitting yard: Jiangzhou Union Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (Hull number: JZ1036)
September 1st 2012: Renamed BBC PEARL. Owner: North Sea Carrier GmbH. Manager; Bockstiegel Reederei GmbH & Co.
October 8th 2015: Owner; Pearl Schiffahrts GmbH & Cor
© Neil McBride
2016: Manager: Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co. KG.
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Jens Boldt and Neil McBride for their assistance in producing this feature.