MV Arklow Fern
ex Arklow Femme
© Mark Harkin (flickr)
Single screw motor vessel built in 2010 at Astilleros De Murueta S.A. (Yard No. 285) as a General Cargo ship
- Length: 84.95m (overall), 84.98m (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth of hull: 14.4m
- Depth: 7.35m (middle)
- Draught: 5.79m
- Tonnage: 2,998 gross/1,673 net/4500t deadweight
- Engines: (1) 4T – 6 cylinder MAN B&W 6L27/38 diesel
- Power: 2040 kW/2772 bhp
- Speed: 12.5 knots
- Capacity: Grain & Bales: 6.074 m³ – 214.491 ft³
- Call Sign: EIJW5
- IMO Number: 9527661
- Register Number: 15497W
- Registry: Arklow/Ireland
- Sister Ships: Arklow Rally, Rambler, Ranger, Forest, Field, Falcon, Freedom, Fortune, Faith, Fame.
September 16th 2010: Completed as ARKLOW FEMME.
2010: Renamed ARKLOW FERN.
© Arklow Shipping
2016: Registered Owner; Banco Espanol De Credito. Shipping Manager; Arklow Shipping.
© Jens Boldt
Arklow Fern loading grain at Dover 10/11/16 © Ray Goodfellow
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions found. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright. We would like to take this opportunity of thanking: Jen Boldt and Mark Harkin for their assistance in producing this feature.