MV Agulhas Stream
© Chris Hunsicker
Steel single screw motor vessel built in 1998 by Kitanihon Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (Yard No 311) as a General Cargo ship
- Length: 150m (overall), 140.18m (registered)
- Breadth of hull: 22m
- Depth: 13.3m
- Draught: 9.250m
- Tonnage: 9,298 gros/4,983 net/11,048 deadweight
- Engines: 1 (2T) 8 – cylinder MAN – B&W Type 8S50MC-C
- Power: 12620kW
- Speed: 21 knots
- Capacity: 535,109 (cbft) 4,500 pallets, 218 TEU + 32 FEU or 136 TEU + 10 TEU (on deck), 42 TEU (holds), 126 Reefer Plugs
- Holds: 4 cargo holds/8 temp. zones for refrigerated cargo
- Call Sign: PJKV
- IMO Number: 9158537
- MMSI Number: 306354000
- Registry: Willemstad/Curaçao
- Sister Ships: Benguela Stream, Klipper Stream, Timor Stream
Please note that the AIS ship position data may be over an hour old and a specific vessels position will only be displayed if its within range of the MarineTraffic system. The ship position data featured on this page is intended for information purposes only and is no way related to the safety of navigation at sea. All the AIS ship position data featured on this page is provided by www.marinetraffic.com and we are therefore not responsible for its content or its accuracy.
September 20th 1997: Keel laid.
November 22nd 1997: Launched.
February 1st 1998: Completed.
1999: Registered Owner; Agulhas Stream GmbH 7 Co.
2006: Manager: Geest Line.
2018: Port Operations transferred from Portsmouth to Dover.
We would like to thank: “Ferryman” and Chris Hunsicker for their assistance in producing this feature. All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for errors and omissions.