MV Omni St Laurent
ex MV Diligent
Roy Thornton Collection
Steel twin screw diesel engined tug built 1957-8 by P.K. Harris, Appledore. (Yard No 107) for the Dover Harbour Board.
- Length: 27.52m (99.27 ft)(overall), 26.8m (88 ft) (between perpendiculars)
- Breadth: 7.60m (24.11 ft)(Extreme)
- Draught: 3.04m (9.97 ft) maximum
- Tonnage: 161 gross, 30 net
- Engines: 2 x 8-cylinder 22.292 reverse reduction geared Lister/Blackstone & Co diesels
- Rated: 1,040 bhp
- Speed: 12.5 knots
- Bollard Pull: 21 tons
- Call Sign: MXXG (@ 1974), VOPN (1989 – )
- ID Number: 5090012
- Official Number: 185700
- Registry: Dover (1958 – ), Sorel P.Q. Canada (1989 – )
- Sister Ship: Dominant
July 2nd 1957: Launched. Named by Mrs RW Cook, the wife of the Harbour Master and did trials in Cardiff during the week before she arrived in Dover.
December 15th 1957: Completed and delivered to the Dover Harbour Board at Dover. She initially went straight into the Granville Dock.
© Ted Ingham (left) and the Roy Thornton Collection (right)
🆕© John Hendy (11/08/1984)
1984: To Frank Pearce (Tugs) Ltd at Poole
© Mike Sartin (both)
1984: To S. & H. Towage
© Brian Fisher (Tilbury 1986)
1989: To Les Remorquages Sorel Inc, manager Les Services Maritimes Genco Ltd at Sorel, PQ (Canada), renamed OMNI ST-LAURENT
2002: To Le Ocean Groupe Inc at Quebec
© Kent Malo
2008: Still in service
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for errors and omissions. We would like to thank: Brian Fisher, Ted Ingham, Kent Malo and Mike Sartin for their assistance in producing this feature.
Special thanks go to World Ship Society (East Kent Branch).