Ex Lady Duncannon
© A Duncan, Roy Thornton Collection
Steel twin screw steam tug, built in 1914 by J P Rennoldson & Sons, South Shields (Yard No 291), for the Dover Harbour Board
- Length: 95.1 ft
- Breadth of hull: 24.0 ft
- Depth: 11.1 ft
- Tonnage: 181 gross/68 net/175 deadweight
- Engines: 2 x C2-cylinder JP Rennoldson & Sons
- Power: 95 nhp/650ihp
- Call Sign: GCTQ
- ID Number: 114910
- Registry: Dover
September 1914: Launched.
October 1914: Completed.
1914: Dover Harbour Board
Roy Thornton Collection
February 1918 – October 1919: Hired for Admiralty service at Dover
December 1939 – June 1946: Hired by Admiralty for naval examination & then salvage service
1958: W J Guy & Sons Ltd, Cardiff; renamed CARDIFF ROSE
March 30th 1961: Holed by propeller of tanker whilst assisting it out of dry-dock at Cardiff. Tug beached in a sinking condition close to the Mountstuart Drydock and Pierhead pontoons
April 7th 1961: Temporary hull repair failed and tug filled with water
1961: Broken up by Haulbowline Industries, at Passage West, Cork
All information is believed to be correct and no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions found. Sources: Tyne Tugs, “The History of Dover Harbour” Hasenson, Lloyds Register. All items included in this article are subject to © copyright.